The Dreamscape team took a month at the beginning of this year to reflect on 2023, which was exciting on so many levels. First, it was a record-breaking year for our overall growth in many areas, including sales, title lists, and internal programs.
In 2023, we celebrated partnerships with numerous bestselling authors and award-winning publishers to create and publish a diverse collection of audiobook titles across the globe.
Also, we hope you like the new look and feel for Dreamscape! It was exciting to unveil our new logo and branding, which included a refresh of our website. For a recap of our success, we wanted to call out what we are especially proud of:
- Close to 40% growth YoY in overall sales, with record-breaking growth in nearly every account
- 800 audio titles produced and published in 2023 along with the release of almost 400 video titles in the same year
- We launched a new Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and LitRPG division, Dreamscape Lore, which has already garnered several award-winning titles, including an Earphones Award for The Water Outlaws by S.L. Huang (narrated by Emily Woo Zeller) and Dual Memory by Sue Burke (narrated by Andre Santana) being named a 2024 Voice Arts Award and Audie Award finalist.
- Many new publishing partnerships established, including Marvel, Storm Publishing, Mayo Clinic Press, Bloodhound Books, and Canongate
- Numerous bestselling authors signed as part of the Dreamscape Select publishing services program, including Frieda McFadden, Marie Force, Rachel Hanna, Jenny Hale, and Rachel Amphlett
- Acquired both Boy George’s Karma and Tiffany Haddish’s I Curse You with Joy, both including narration from the author. Additional exciting acquisitions include an expanded title list from bestselling author, Kiersten Modglin, and also publishing the 50th audiobook from another bestselling author, Samantha Chase
- Expansion of our local area’s narration talent pool, which received media attention as we focus on growing our local narration community
The past year underscored the ways in which Dreamscape can continue its role as an innovative publisher. The entire Dreamscape team remains resolute in its commitment to pursuing even more stimulating initiatives, publishing extraordinary titles, and collaborating with exceptional authors, narrators, filmmakers, and the entire collective that diligently contributes to each year’s success.